Saved From Late School Entry

By Yen Yen

When I was around 4 years of age, mom wanted to send me to the upper class of kindergarten school of her choice which was not far from our house. (Kindergarten has two levels for two years here. The lower class begins at age four and the upper class begins at age five).

Mom didn’t want to send me to the lower class of kindergarten as she thought it would be waste of time and money. The upper class subjects were only singing, playing, physical exercises, learning to read and write the alphabet.

When the new student registrations were opened, she went to register me there. But, the registration committee didn’t allow her to register me as I was not 5 years of age yet. Then, she went home with disappointed and annoyance. 

After dad was back from work, she told what was going on and he said, “Let me do it”. The next day, he went to the school and bumped his old friend as it turned out, he was the Head of the New Student Registration Committee.

Then, dad told him about my rejected registration and his old friend said, “如果你太太说她是。。。太太,我就让你孩子进我们学校 (if your wife said that she is ... (dads name)'s wife, then I will let your child enter our school. THANKS A LOT, ABBA JESUS! I was directly accepted.

Personally, I think school entry should be based on students’ ability, not age as ABBA JESUS created us as a unique person with difference intelligence, ability, and talent. Let alone, I was only several months less than the requirement age.

During my school time (kindergarten – university), many classmates/contemporary students were younger than me, not just a few months apart but also almost a year apart and the youngest friend was a lazy but genius student.

For me, when I had problems in my study, I just prayed to ABBA JESUS and HE always helped me (Saved from the Failed Preparation Phase, Semester/National Exams, and Thesis).

"but GOD has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and GOD has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong" ~ 1 Cor 1:27 NASB

"With GOD’S Power working in us, GOD can do much, much more than anything we can ask or imagine." ~ Eph 3:20 NCV

"Only(=אַךְ (’ak), surely) YOUR goodness and faithful love will pursue(=rādaph – in the Qal imperfect form – an ongoing and continuous action of the PURSUER (=GOD, JESUS)) me ALL the DAYS of my life and I will dwell in the house of the LORD as long as I live" ~ Psalm 23:6 HCSB

https://blogs.blueletterbible.org/blb/2012/05/09/3247

https://biblehub.com/hebrew/389.htm

https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/another-word-for/surely.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/unpopularopinion/comments/f92j1z/schools_should_group_students_by_ability_not_age/

https://www.aaas.org/should-education-be-age-based

Saved From the Earthquakes

By Yen Yen 1. One late afternoon, I (about 6-8 years of age at that time) was just back from my neighbor's across the house. Mom said,...