Saved by the Attack of the Doberman Pet

Around 1995, I was looking for new students by advertising then Mr. Andrew (pseud) asked me to teach their kids. They kept a Doberman pet that always barked at me.

For almost 2 yrs, it's all going fine and the dog had become big with about 1 m tall at its head. They just put it in a simple plywood cage with a small door latch.

To enter their house from the gate, I had to walk on the narrow footpath, whereas in my left side was exactly by way of the front of the cage and the dog would bark trying to batter the door down until the cage was shaking.

Every time before the kids' lesson finished, Mrs. Andrew always left home to pick up her husband and they weren't back when I left.

One evening, both of them were back before I left. On the narrow footpath, near the dog's cage, I just said goodbye to Mrs. Andrew, while in my right side, her husband was working on below their stalled car. Suddenly, the dog battered down its door cage and chased me. Mrs. Andrew was surprised but could do nothing.

Thank JESUS, the right back door of their car was opened. Immediately, I entered and closed the door. The dog was waiting outside by barking until Mr. Andrew secured it in the garage.

After I got out from the car safely, he said, "You’re lucky. If you didn’t enter the car, you would be bitten. It's very wild!"

Imagine that day, if there were only two little kids and me as usual, no Mr. Andrew there, no car with the right back door opened and parked near the cage then what would happen? I realized that JESUS had prepared all things to protect me before it happened. Praise JESUS!

A year later, Mr. Andrew asked me to teach their kids again. He said their dog was already sold because it had bitten their servant.

Saved From the Earthquakes

By Yen Yen 1. One late afternoon, I (about 6-8 years of age at that time) was just back from my neighbor's across the house. Mom said,...