The Little Red Hen - With a New Moral

The little red hen decided to plant some wheat, so one day she planted it. After she got all done she called the goose, pig, and cat and said, "Nobody helped me plant the wheat." To which they all said, "We did not know you were planting it."

All summer long the little red hen told the goose, pig, and cat that there would be a lot of work in harvesting the wheat and that she would like some help. To this the goose, pig, and cat said, "Let us know when you will be harvesting ahead of time, and we will help."

One day the little red hen saw the wheat was ready to harvest and went out harvested the wheat all by herself. She then called the goose, pig, and cat and said, "Why didn't you help me harvest the wheat?" To which they all said, "We did not know you were harvesting it."

The wheat had to be stored for a few months before milling, and it kept falling out of the silo. Each time, the little red hen would pick it up and put it in the silo and then call the goose, pig, and cat and say, "Thanks for helping me put the wheat back." To which they said, "We did not know you were putting it back or that it had fallen out of the silo."

During these months the little hen mentioned how much help she would need to load the wheat onto the truck to take it to the mill. The goose, pig, and cat all said, "Tell us when, and we will come and help." One day the hen called the goose, pig, and cat and said, "I had to load the wheat on the truck all by myself yesterday." To which they said, " You should have called us, we would have helped."

When the wheat came back from the mill, the little red hen called the goose, pig, and cat and asked if they wanted any wheat. To which they all said, "Yes!"

So the goose, pig, and cat came over and got great big portions of wheat and went home very happy and satisfied. Meanwhile, the little red hen sat in her house and brooded. "The goose, pig, and cat never seem to help me. I think I will get rid of my wheat fields, because I am tired of doing it all myself," she thought. And eventually she did. The moral to this story is: Some people are not happy unless they are unhappy.

Kurt Yordy
Retail Business Consultant
http://www.farmmarketprofits.com

 

Saved From the Earthquakes

By Yen Yen 1. One late afternoon, I (about 6-8 years of age at that time) was just back from my neighbor's across the house. Mom said,...