Motivation for Success - Ignore Negative People

By Spencer Steele

Whenever you have a big idea or plan or anything that seems positive and optimistic - people are going to tell you why you're going to fail. They'll tell you you can't do it. They'll tell you It'll never work. I can't tell you how many times I've had a great idea spit on by people around me. Ignore them - you need to totally ignore negativity.

People will tell you this kind of stuff for a lot of reasons - It might be jealousy, it might be out of ignorance, it might be because of their own fears and insecurities or they may just have a negative or cynical perspective on everything in life. Either way - Ignore them!

If great people in history listented to the nay-sayers... nothing great would ever have been accomplished. This doesn't mean to be stupid - if someone is offering you good advice - it's okay to listen. You can take their viewpoints into consideration because there may be some good advice in there - don't assume you have all the answers. It's okay to change your plan around a little - but never let it stop you - NEVER!

Negativity is everywhere and it comes in disguises. It comes from people you love - your best friends - it comes with smiles. Learn to challenge people's comments in your own mind and if you realize they may be right - immediately think of alternatives instead of giving up. As a very basic (and a little bit ridiculous example) - If I have a massive ice making machine and I tell someone my idea to sell ice to Eskimos- and they tell me that it's a terrible idea - it'll never work. I don't think, "yeah - you're right" and quit. I think about where else and who else I can sell ice too. You can tailor your plan based on the advice but never, ever do let it stop you.

Get more free success tips and motivation at GetUltimatePower.com

 

Saved From the Earthquakes

By Yen Yen 1. One late afternoon, I (about 6-8 years of age at that time) was just back from my neighbor's across the house. Mom said,...