Success Take Faith

At the end of the day when you are weary from all of the effort and energy you have expended from working towards accomplishing your goals, but the dream is not yet realized, the one thing that tells you to keep going; to get up tomorrow and keep at it, is your faith.

There will be people who tell you that you not capable of achieving your dream. They will fill you up with lies and tell you are not enough. My friend, you are more than enough. You are worthy, capable and destined to find whatever you are looking for in your life. Too often, this negativity is fired from people who have chosen to give-up.

These are the people who once had a dream but have now settled for something less. These are people who have been gradually worn down by life and their dreams have been reluctantly vanished for their hearts and souls. Those dreams may indeed live somewhere, but they no longer seem attainable. In short, people who tell you can't do something are hopeless themselves. These are the people who have lost their faith.

To have faith is to hold onto one single kernel of hope. When I was in college, my goal was to be a writer, a novelist. I took a lot of composition and literature courses in order to broaden my knowledge and improve my skills. One professor in particular had a tremendous impact on me. Unfortunately, it was not positive.

After submitting a paper, he called me into his office for a critique. In this meeting, he informed me that my writing was sub-par and even inferior to that of my peers. He encouraged me to re-think my future and change my career path. I was devastated and humiliated. I bought into his opinion and gave-up on my dream.

The next 20+ years I swallowed this down and moved on to other things. But deep in my gut there was that one kernel of hope that told me I wasn't doing what I really wanted to do. A few years ago I gained the courage to start again. I was able to reframe the professor's opinion and came to the understanding that it was he, perhaps, who gave up on his writing career and he was only projecting his own sense of disappointment on me.

Now, it's my faith that guides me and gets me up early every morning to post a new article. It's my faith that tells me I'm doing what I should be doing right now even though I'm not quit sure where this is going. But that doesn't matter. My job right now is only to write. The rest will happen on its own. Faith tells me this.

Have faith that you will make a difference in this world. Have faith that this world will be a better place because of your presence. Have faith that you are going to make it!

Alex Blackwell is the author of The Next 45 Years - a website dedicated to sharing and creating happiness, life balance and success for the rest of our lives. To read more inspirational stories and articles, please visit: http://www.thenext45years.blogspot.com

Saved From Being Hit by the Wooden Beams

By Yen Yen One afternoon in March 2024, a handyman of mine was renovating an upstairs room in my house. While he was carrying a few long...